Achari Bhindi Masala is a spicy and tangy North Indian dish made with bhindi (okra). Bhindi aka okra is one of my favorite vegetables. But If you want to try something new with you basic recipe try this Achari masala stuffed bhindi with Pickle spices.
The newly launched Laila spices are authentic, full of natural aroma, enhance the flavour of your dish and taste just like home. Packed in 100% recyclable packs, they are available to buy at Asda
- In a bowl, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper, aam choor powder, turmeric, lemon juice, mustard oil. Slit in the middle, Start stuffing the masala in the bhindi and Trim the hard ends.
- Heat the oil in the pan on high flame, now stir fry the stuffed bhindi till it’s crispy. Then cover and sauté on low flame for another 10 minutes. Take out and set aside.
- In the same pan add the remaining oil, when hot temper the oil add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until soft and translucent.,then add paanch pooran masala and the ginger-garlic paste . When they start spluttering and saute till the raw disappears. Now add tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the masala -salt, crushed chillies , garam masala, cook until you see oil seep through the masala.
- Add the bhindi(okra) and mix everything well so that the bhindi(okra) combined well with masala. Check the seasoning.
- Mix, cover and cook for further -5 minutes stirring intermittently. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
- 1 kg Bhindi/ Okra
- 2 medium Onions thinly sliced
- 2 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Laila Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Laila Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Laila Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Laila Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Amchur powder (Dried mango powder)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Panch Pooran Masala ( Fennel seeds, Methi seeds/ fenugreek seeds, Mustard seeds, Nigella seeds/ Kalonji)
- 1 tsp Salt (as per taste)
- 1/2 Laila Crushed Chillies (optional)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 4-5 tbsp Oil
- 2 Red/Green Chillies (optional)