I am a young food blogger who enjoys trying and creating lots of different fun and healthy recipes!
The creamiest Asian dessert – Rice Pudding (fondly known as kheer) is made using Laila Sticky Glutinous Rice. You may choose to try it out with other Laila rice range – Pudding Rice, Arborio Rice and find subtle change in flavor in each version. It’s creamy, it’s classic and something you would not want to miss.
1. Wash your rice until it turns clear.
2. Soak the rice in clean water for 20-30min. Then drain the water from the bowl of rice.
3. Add the ghee to a pan on medium heat. And allow it to melt before adding the soaked rice and the crushed cardamom pods. Stir the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes whilst continuing to stir the contents of the pan.
4. Next add the milk and the condensed milk in to the pan. Bring the milk to a boil and continue to stir.
5. Allow the milk and rice to simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat or until the rice is soft and cooked.
6. Add the rose water and the sugar and stir. And here you go!