I am a food blogger and my insta handle is @cook.instyle.with.samra. I love to create easy & delicious recipes. For more amazing recipes, please visit my Instagram blog.
Daal Gosht is one of my favourite comfort foods. It’s a lamb curry cooked with chana daal creates a very flavourful dish which goes well with both roti/naan or basmati rice.
– Wash and soak 300 gm Laila’s Chana Daal for 2 hours
– Heat up ½ cup oil and add the whole spices. Once they start spluttering add sliced onions and cook until onions turn golden brown.
– Add Lamb/Mutton and cook until the colour of the lamb changes then add minced ginger and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
– Next add all spices – red chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric and salt and cook for another 2 minutes on medium flame.
– Add tomatoes and give it a good mix. Bhoonify the masala for 5-8 minutes.
– Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 8-10 minutes.
– Next add soaked chana daal. Add another half a cup of water and pressure cook again for 3 minutes then bhoonify again on high flame until the oil has come out.
– For tarka, fry some sliced onions until brown and add all the cumin seeds and red chillies. Pour tarka in the daal gosht pan.
– Garnish with green chillies, coriander and some garam masala.
Created by: Coconut Creative | Copyright © Laila Foods 2019