Simple yet flavourful Indian Fish and Potato Croquettes are delight to the senses. This mouth-watering appetizer, prepared from magical combination of cod fish and potatoes decked up with Indian spices, has many variations – Potato and Cheese Croquettes, Pumpkin and Fish Croquettes, etc. Ideal for any festive celebration, this dish can be also be made well in advance to save time.
- In a medium thick-bottomed saucepan, bring cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon to a boil.
- Adding fish, return to a boil. Reduce heat and poach the fish for about 5 minutes. Drain the fish discarding the spices and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add boiled potatoes along with fish, bread crumbs, lime juice, coriander, cumin, chilli and salt. Mash all the ingredients until evenly combined.
- Make small patties out of this mixture in your desired shape.
- In a nonstick skillet, warm some oil over medium heat. Add patties and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Serve the fish patties with mint chutney and gobble up.
- 300 gm skinless cod
- 500 gm potatoes (peeled and boiled potatoes)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt (to taste)
- 2½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1½ tsp cumin (ground)
- 2 green chilli (stemmed, seeded and minced)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Mint chutney (for serving)