Bringing Persian cuisine to your dinner tables by @kitchen_diaries_by_zubda .
Enjoy the soul satisfying IRANIAN ZERESHK POLOW (Persian Jeweled Barberry Rice) made using Laila Xtra Long Grain Basmati Rice served alongside chicken koobideh and chicken torsh.
This Iranian Platter can be your ideal choice for gatherings and festive occasions.
- Take rice, rinse well & soak for an hour.
- Boil 4 litres of water & add soaked rice. Cook until 60% done. Drain once cooked.
- Put the drained rice back in pot. Steam for 10 minutes. Add 3 tbsp of butter & steam for another 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- For saffron water: Add 1 tbsp of sugar in 3 tbsp of water & 1/2 tsp of saffron.
- Take dried barberries, rinse them well, drained & set aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp of butter, as it melts, add berries, cook for a minute. Add 1 tbsp of sugar & 1 tbsp of saffron water. Cook until water is dried. Take out and set aside.
- In a pan, add butter and as it melts, add julienne cut carrots; cook for a minute. Add orange peel and cook for 2 minutes. Then take out and set aside.
- In a bowl, add 1/4 of boiled rice. Add saffron water and add prepared barberries. Mix well.
- For serving: layer the plain rice on bottom. Topped with barberry rice, prepared carrots and orange peel. Lastly garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios.Chicken Torsh Kebab:
- Add all the ingredients (walnut, parsley, garlic, saffron water, oil, pomegranate molasses, salt & pepper) in chicken & marinate for 2 hours.
- Then thread in skewers and grill for 25 minutes or bbq these for 6/7 minutes until done.Chicken Koobideh:
- Add all ingredients (onion, sumac, pepper, turmeric, chilli powder, paprika, ginger-garlic and salt) in chicken mince and mix well.
- Marinate overnight or at least 4 hours. Then stick to skewers and give a flat shape.
Grill for 25 minutes in oven or on stove 2/3 minutes each side or bbq these until done.
- 3 cups Laila Xtra Long Basmati Rice
- 4 litres water (for boiling)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp saffron water
- 1 cup dried berries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup orange peel (julienne cut)
- 1/2 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- Almonds & pistachios (as per taste)
- 1 kg chicken (mince)
- 1 kg chicken (boneless & cubed)
- 1 onion (medium)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ cup parsley
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 15 ml vegetable oil