Bringing to you a delightful collaboration with @spicy_tarka to present a hearty Meat & Kidney Bean stew, a perfect nourishing meal to fill you up after a long day of fasting. The flavours come out really well in this comforting dish made using Laila Foods Red Kidney Beans and tender meat, mixed herbs and veggies.
Best served with Laila Foods Basmati Rice.
- Wash, soak and boil Laila Red Kidney Beans.
- In a sauce pan, add onions, saute until soft, put in lamb chunks, garlic cloves, tomates and saute until it’s well coked.
- Stir in ginger garlic paste, whole spices and other spice mixes to make a flavourful gravy.
- Now is the time to add boiled Laila Red Kidney Beans in the mixture. Blend well and let it cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- In the mean time, prepare a dish of Laila Basmati Rice using Jeera and onion in its base.
- The Lamb & Kidney Bean Stew with Basmati is ready to be served on the table.
- You may choose to add veggies and spices of your choice.
- 200g Laila Red Kidney Beans (soaked and boiled)
- Laila Basmati Rice
- 1/2kg Lamb
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp of each turmeric, paprika, red chilies, garam masala, tsp jeera powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- Whole spices (2 cinnamon sticks 2″, 1 black cardamom, 2 cloves)
- 2 tbsp Laila Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt (to taste)