A traditional Ramadan special and a South Asian household favorite, this delectable and aromatic lamb Pilau recipe by @cook.instyle.with.samra will transport your taste buds to South Asia leaving you asking for more.
This toothsome Lamb Pulao prepared in Mutton Yakhni and decked up in whole spices makes up for a filling dinner after an eventful day during Ramadan. You may chose prepare a little extra and eat during Sehri. Served best with Raita, Poppadum, Pickle and Salad.
- To make lamb stock: Add lamb chops, onions roughly cut, cut ginger & garlic, whole spices (add half of them) – coriander seeds, fennel seeds, salt. Add 3-4 cups of water, bring it to boil and pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- Sieve the stock to separate the meat and keep it aside.
- To prepare rice: Finely slice 2 onions and make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Heat up the oil, add remaining whole spices and throw in the onions.
- Once they are golden brown, add in meat, ginger, garlic & green chili paste.
- Gradually add in the yoghurt , salt , freshly crushed black pepper and mix soaked rice along with the stock.
- Let it boil on high flame, once the water has evaporated, cover the lid and put it on Dum on slow flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve aromatic Lamb Pulao with your favorite raita, salad and pickle.
- 3.5 cups Laila Golden Sella Basmati rice
- 800g lamb chops
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Whole spices (2 bay leaves , 4-5 black peppercorns, cinnamon stick, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds and 2 cloves)
- 4 onions
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies
- Salt to taste