Get into Halloween mood with these edible Jack-O-lantern bites prepared with the combination of carrot and rice. Thankfully, these rice balls require just a handful of ingredients and a little creativity. Make them for the potluck or for the weekend party, your pumpkin styled rice balls are sure to grab the eye balls. Healthy Halloween, isn’t it?
- Combine rice, carrot and ketchup until evenly combined to make bright orange-coloured rice.
- In a small cling film sheet, place 2 tbsp rice into the centre and wrap it around tightly to form small rice balls. Uncover and set aside. Repeat the process for 11 more rice balls.
- Take up black olives and cut them into small pieces to form eyes and mouth and press them into rice balls. You may try different shapes indicating different moods.
- Make the pumpkin stem with celery sticks (2-3 cm long) by sticking them on the top of the rice balls.
- Enjoy this cute little vegan delight on Halloween.
- 200g Broken Basmati rice (freshly cooked or leftover)
- ½ tsp salt
- 10g carrot (grated)
- Celery sticks (for garnishing)
- Coriander (for garnishing)
- A handful of black olives (for garnishing)