If you have a sweet tooth, then this is just the perfect dessert for you! Simple to make, it tastes simply delicious! Warm and comforting on a wintry night! You will never need to buy the canned version of the rice pudding, once you get the hang of making this simply mouth-watering dessert!
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add Laila basmati rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Combine cooked rice, raisins, honey, soya milk, almonds, cinnamon and cardamom and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the heat and stir frequently until thickened for about 5 to 8 minutes. Spoon into bowls, garnish with raisins and serve.
- 200 gm Laila basmati rice
- 225 ml unsweetened soya milk
- 400 ml water
- 85 gm raisins
- 4 tbsp honey
- 60 gm toasted and chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder