Delicately decadent, this rice is full of infinitesimal flavours! Saffron is a condiment that enhances the fragrant quality of Basmati rice! Serve with a side dish, like raita or a veggie salad.
- Wash Laila Easy Cook Long Grain ricewith cold water. Cover and keep it soaked for around 20 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Melt ghee in a pot over medium heat, add bay leaves, mace and cardamoms. Add the drained rice. Cook well, stirring all the time, until all the moisture has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, soak the saffron in 3 tbsp hot water for a few minutes. Once it is soaked well, add the saffron to the pot along with the vegetable stock, and salt.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and cook on a simmering flame. Keep the rice covered, until all the water is absorbed, and the rice is cooked (about 12-15 minutes).
- Fluff the rice with wooden spoon and garnish with celery leaves before serving.
- 400g Laila Easy Cook Long GrainBasmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 strand of mace
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 350ml boiling water
- Salt to taste
- Celery leaves (for garnishing)