Here is an omega-3 rich,salmon fillet with rice dinner that will win over the hearts of even the pickiest of eaters – the delicate taste of grilled salmon on a plate of deliciously cooked rice – the result is enough to satisfy every palate and send hearts soaring! You can also glaze salmon with honey and lime sauce.And add vegetables to the rice making it a plate of fried rice.
For the steamed rice:
- In a largebowl, rinse the rice 2-3 times with cold water.
- Add water to approximately 1 inch or 1 finger joint above the rice. Add salt if desired.
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat until the water has boiled down to the level of the rice.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes. Do not stir or uncover.
- Turn off heat and allow the rice to steam undisturbed for at least 15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
For the Salmon Fillet:
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Coat the fish in with this mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Oil the grill grate and cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Avoid overcooking the fish.
- Serve it over a bed of freshly prepared rice.
For steamed rice:
- 2 cups Laila Golden Sella Basmati Rice
- 3 cups of water
- Salt to taste (optional)
For Salmon Fillet:
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- Lemon pepper (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt (to taste)