I’m a British vegan who loves making tasty vegan food out of simple ingredients and following easy recipes!
An ideal warming meal for a cold night! The great thing with this recipe is you can adjust the ingredients to your own taste as it’s cooking.
1. Fry the chopped onion and crushed garlic for a couple of minutes on a medium heat until they start to brown.
2. Add the chopped potato and yellow bell pepper plus some curry paste and fry for another few minutes.
3. Add the veg stock, split peas, yogurt and all the herbs and spices you fancy (I used a lot of turmeric & coriander).
4. Turn the heat down and simmer until potato and split peas are tender (around 25-30 minutes). I kept adding water whilst stirring to stop it drying out!
5. Before serving I stirred in some spinach and made some mint yogurt to add on top along, with some crushed chillis.
Created by: Coconut Creative | Copyright © Laila Foods 2019