This Vegan Rice Pudding recipe combines coconut whipped cream and cooked brown rice to give rise to a delicious creamy dessert – enjoy with some creative toppings – blueberries, cinnamon and some coconut whipped cream!
- Pour the coconut milk into a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once the rice has been sufficiently rinsed and drained, add it to the boiling coconut milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes, cover, simmer the heat and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for another 10 minutes till the rice has absorbed a sufficient amount of milk; you can add more milk depending upon how creamy you want.
- Let it cool for at least 5 minutes, add your desired toppings and serve.
- 1 & ½ cans of Laila coconut milk
- 130 gm Laila Pudding rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 128 gm raisins
- A pinch of salt
- Blueberries, mint and coconut whipped cream (for topping)
- Directions for coconut whipped cream – Refrigerate 2 cans of coconut milk until it is solid and then add it to a bowl along with 2 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk until creamy.