A healthy, easy to cook, colourful vegetable curry bursting with flavours! Simmered in a spice-filled Laila curry powder, the vegetables seem to come alive in a cadence of their own!Add any of Laila’s lentils & beans if you want your daily dose of proteins. A perfectrecipe for family get-togethers, meatless Mondays or those grand outings!
- Soak the rice in cold water for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Boil water in a pan, add the soaked rice and cook for 20 minutes on high flame.
- Put the rice on a low heat and cover with a wet tea towel with a lid over it.This will steam the rice resulting in a fluffy texture.
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté chopped onions gently for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in remaining vegetables and mix together.
- Add in Laila Curry Powder and simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes without overcooking the vegetables
- If the curry becomes too thick, add little water for desired consistency.
- Serve hot with a steaming bowl of Laila Basmati rice.
- 1 cup Laila Basmati Rice
- 2 tbspLaila Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 courgette (diced)
- ½ butternut squash (diced)
- 100g mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 150g broccoli (broken into florets)
- Salt to taste