Here is your all-time favourite to be savoured, especially during the festival of Ramadan! Sweet, toasted vermicelli cooked to perfection! Though it is eaten throughout the year it comes into its own during Ramadan!
- Toast the vermicelli until light golden brown in the oven.
- Break the vermicelli into half. In a pan, add ghee, rose water, sugar, cardamom and saffron. Heat the pan and gently add vermicelli and milk.
- Mix well to coat thoroughly. Cook on low heat, for approximately 25-30 minutes until the vermicelli is glossy and has absorbed everything.
- Garnish with the almonds, cashew nuts and raisins.
- 200 gm Laila Vermicelli
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruits and nuts
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 pinch saffron