If hearty, healthy and simplicity is your thing, you will love this whole-wheat spaghetti with tomatoes, basil and garlic. Whether you are planning an advance weeknight dinner or a Saturday night party menu, you will never go wrong with this pasta. Try out different versions with your desirable pasta varieties and lentils, beans, chickpeas, veggies, chicken, salmon or shrimp. Believe us, there will be no leftovers.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve half of spaghetti cooking water.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes and saute until garlic is golden.
- If so desired, you can add in crisp-tender broccoli, bell peppers, chickpeas, etc.
- Mix in spaghetti and reserved cooking water. Continue cooking over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until combined well.
- Drizzle it with lemon juice and enjoy!
- 100 gm whole-wheat spaghetti
- 5-6 Tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tbsp basil
- Grated parmesan cheese (for garnishing)